With the beginning of a new year ahead, the time for resolutions is swiftly approaching. While health may be your number one goal in 2017, it should be your company’s goal as well.
Wellness programs are known to increase workplace productivity, decrease employee absenteeism and enhance company culture. It’s an exciting time as new technology and challenge-based initiatives are keeping wellness programs on their toes.
So what can we expect from the world of workplace wellness in 2017? Our eighth HR Tailgate, “2017 Workplace Wellness Trends & Predictions” will delve into the future and opportunities of 2017’s thriving workplace wellness program. Join us on December 8 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. CST, for an engaging chat with guest hosts Olivia Curtis, G&A Partners’ Wellness Specialist, and Rieva Lesonsky, the CEO of GrowBiz Media and SmallBizDaily.com. We want you to share your knowledge and get active about the future of HR.
If you’ve never been involved in a Twitter chat, you’ll be surprised at how simple it is to participate. A Twitter chat is a live conversation focused on a topic — for this month, ours is workplace wellness. The chat is guided by eight questions; chat participants can engage in dialogue with chat hosts and other chat participants by answering the questions and using the hashtag #HRTailgate. (Forbes shares everything you need to know about a Twitter chat in this article
Want to know what to expect? Get excited and gear up for the chat by visiting the recap of last January’s HR Tailgate, “Score a Wellness Touchdown,” March’s “Tackling Social Media in HR,” May’s “How to Score a Work-Life Balance,” August’s “Gear Up for Workplace Safety,” or October’s “HR Law: Avoid Being Out of Bounds.”
How to participate:
First: Follow your chat hosts on Twitter:
- Olivia Curtis, tweeting from the G&A Partners account – @GAPartners
- Rieva Lesonsky – @Rieva
Then: Prepare to share your HR knowledge and learn from others with the following questions:
- What is the core foundation of an organization’s workplace wellness program?
- Let’s talk emotional wellness. How can employers incorporate mental stability and emotional wellness programs into the workplace?
- Why do you feel emotional wellness will be top of mind in 2017?
- Work-life balance is a concern for many. In what ways can companies ensure a stronger balance in 2017?
- From points-based programs to competitive health challenges, what workplace wellness incentives do you stand by for physical health and why?
- How do you foresee tech playing a role in the workplace wellness world next year?
- What physical adjustments to an office’s design could improve wellness?
- What do you see on the horizon for wellness programs in 2017?
Next: End your answers with the hashtag #HRTailgate to participate.
Ready to show off your workplace wellness ideas at #HRTailgate? Don’t miss out on Thursday, Dec. 8!