Specially trained to manage your benefits
Administering an employee benefits program requires specialized knowledge and keen attention to detail. G&A’s dedicated team of benefits experts draws on years of education, training, and experience to manage your program efficiently and effectively, helping you avoid unintentional missteps that could result in monetary penalties or even litigation.
End-to-end benefits administration—from insurance to retirement plans
When you partner with G&A, you gain access to a team of benefits specialists who can oversee and administer every aspect of your benefits offering, deliver excellent customer service to your employees, and ensure you’re in compliance with all federal and state regulations.
G&A’s employee benefits administration services include:
- New-hire enrollments: Enrollment materials are sent to eligible new hires and enrollment in elected plan options are coordinated
- Terminations: Necessary steps to conclude employee coverage are executed so your company doesn’t incur unnecessary carrying costs
- COBRA administration: Management of COBRA details—from initial enrollment, through status and life-event changes, and termination of coverage
- State continuation administration: Oversee state continuation activity involving status and life-event changes through termination of employment
- HIPAA compliance: Coordinate and distribute HIPAA initial-rights notifications
- Section 125: Provide access to Section 125 benefits
- Invoice reconciliation: Oversee the payment and reconciliation of your invoices to ensure the appropriate collection of employee benefit contributions
- 401(k): Offer access to a low-cost, open architecture, no-load 401(k) plan; implement and administer the plan
Stay compliant with HIPAA regulations
If your company sponsors self-insured group health plans covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), you’re required to comply with HIPAA regulations. G&A ensures you have measures in place to safeguard the health and medical records of employees participating in your plans.
In order to be HIPAA-compliant, you must safeguard your employees’ protected health information (PHI): any data that could reasonably be used to identify an individual. You’re also required to provide notice to your workforce about your HIPAA privacy practices and patient rights.
G&A can help ensure you remain HIPAA compliant
- Helping you identify protected health information in your employee database
- Creating, implementing and auditing policies and procedures regarding information security
- Communicating information to your employees about their rights under HIPAA, and your company’s efforts to secure their records
Simplify employee onboarding with online benefits enrollment software
G&A’s employee onboarding system streamlines new-hire procedures and eliminates the need for paper-based processes by providing new team members and their managers with online access to employment forms, benefits information and more. Our specialists stay on top of status changes, enrollment due dates, and over age dependents.
With access to G&A’s online enrollment system, your employees can:
- Connect to the enrollment system anywhere, anytime, from any computer
- Access educational resources that explain your company’s benefits offerings
- Easily compare plans
- Access G&A benefits experts for assistance and information about coverage options and enrollment
The accurate, flexible online system also offers the following benefits:
- It’s fully scalable for any size business.
- It supports all types of enrollment action—new hire, open period, or a special enrollment.
- You can choose employee self-service or administrator-only enrollments.
- Built-in intelligence enforces all applicable rules, which helps you avoid mistakes associated with human error.
- Information is reviewed by our experts for accuracy.