Surveying The Labor And Employment Law Landscape For 2023
America’s labor law environment continues to prove active, challenging, and dynamic as the first quarter of 2023 comes to a close. In G&A Partners’ latest webinar, “Surveying the Labor & Employment Landscape for 2023,” guest presenter Alexis Knapp, Employment Law Attorney for Littler Houston, provides a comprehensive summary of major moves underway, including potential changes to noncompete agreements, wage laws, acts such as the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), and more.
With more than 15 years’ experience in labor and employment law, Knapp provided a comprehensive overview of the proposed changes, what she’s seeing in her practice, predictions on what lies ahead, and actions entrepreneurs and HR managers should be considering today related to:
- The Speak-Out Act and what it means for sexual harassment and assault claims and agreements.
- What’s next for the proposed broad banning of noncompete agreements.
- Current Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) focus and risks, including COVID claims, pay transparency requirements, employee leave, and pregnancy and religious accommodations.
- The ever-changing complexities of employee leave and paid time off.
- Why it’s currently a fertile environment for union activity and what to do about it.
You can access the full webinar above and download the slides here. It has been pre-certified by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) and The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for one hour of HR general recertification credit. To earn HRCI recertification credit, you must watch the video above in its entirety and follow the instructions to request your credit. Also, check out G&A Series: Navigating the Complex Labor Law Landscape for additional information about labor-related agencies, laws, and practices.
If you have additional questions after viewing the presentation or need help tackling your HR needs, let’s talk soon. For other resources, go to G&A Partner’s website and submit questions to email@example.com.
G&A Partners is a leading professional employer organization that offers world-class HR services and a team of experts who can help you navigate employment issues and initiatives such as recruiting and retention. Please schedule a consultation with one of our knowledgeable business advisors to learn more.