Prioritizing Diversity in Your Recruitment Strategies
Today's job seekers are doing their homework. A staggering 77% say they research potential employers to learn about company culture – including diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives – before applying for positions or accepting employment offers, said Michelle Thompson, Manager of Strategic HR Advisory Services for G&A Partners, during our latest webinar, Prioritizing Diversity in Your Recruitment Strategies. They want to work for companies that recruit, hire, and promote employees with different backgrounds, including gender, experience, socio-economic levels, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other characteristics that shape their experience.
Diversity recruiting helps your company attract and hire the right person for the job while providing equal opportunity to candidates regardless of their background. In addition to enriching your company's talent pipeline, there are many ways your company can benefit from diverse hiring practices, said Hayley Klein, G&A Partners' Senior HR Advisor. "Diverse companies enjoy 2.3 times higher cash flow per employee, and diverse management has been shown to increase revenue by 19 percent," Klein said. "Also, gender-diverse companies are 15% more likely to beat industry median financial returns."
In the webinar, Thompson and Klein share several recommendations designed to help business owners create – or build on – a DEI recruiting strategy that enriches company culture and helps put companies on an even playing field when competing for top candidates in today's competitive labor market. Here are some of the best practices you'll acquire from viewing this webinar:
- How to create a strategic employee referral program that helps your company recruit diverse talent.
- Why it's vital to remove unconscious bias from your company's application, screening, interviewing, and hiring processes, and tools you can adopt to prevent it from happening.
- How you can grab the attention of a diverse group of qualified candidates with no-fluff, inclusive, and focused job postings that quickly convey position details and highlight your company's culture.
- The difference between diversity training and diversity coaching and why your company needs to make the shift.
- Why it's essential to hold your leadership team responsible for driving DEI outcomes.
- How to create a company culture statement and ensure management and employees keep the core values that define it alive in your organization.
You can access the full webinar recording above and download the slides. It has been pre-certified by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) and The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for one hour of HR general recertification credit. To earn HRCI recertification credit, you must watch the video in its entirety and follow the instructions to request your credit. Also, check out The Benefits of Championing Diversity in the Workplace for more information about creating an inclusive work environment and how your company can realize the benefits of diversity in the workplace.
If you have additional questions after viewing the presentation or need help tackling your HR needs, let’s talk soon. For other resources, go to G&A Partner’s website and submit questions to email@example.com.
G&A Partners is a leading professional employer organization that offers world-class HR services and a team of experts who can help you navigate employment issues and initiatives such as recruiting and retention. Please schedule a consultation with one of our knowledgeable business advisors to learn more.