Custom HR solutions for the restaurant industry.
G&A Partners provides Texas-based restaurant company with the HR support it needs to grow.
When a large, Texas-based restaurant company began to grow and expand its business into new markets, it realized they had outgrown the capabilities of its current human resources provider. The company needed an HR provider that could handle the specific needs of its growing business; a provider that could meet the unique requirements and demands experienced by businesses in the food & beverage industry.
The client presented G&A with a list of challenges that would we would need to solve in order to convince them a PEO would truly be able to provide the service and technology they needed to grow their restaurant company.
- As an organization with multiple locations across various states, one of the client’s biggest challenges was finding an HR partner who could help it take the many disparate tracking methods each individual location was using and instead provide one company-wide system that streamlined and automated the company’s processes.
- As a multi-state company looking to expand, one of the client’s main concerns was finding an HR provider that could offer full-service human resources consulting, including HR compliance and recruitment services, at both the corporate and individual location levels.
- As a growing national restaurant company, the client was understandably concerned about complying with the Affordable Care Act. They wanted to partner with an HR provider that could not only help them design plans that could meet ACA requirements but also ensure long-term compliance with health care reform regulations.
Thanks to G&A Partners’ ability to create customized and cost-effective solutions meant that we could address each one of this clients’ unique needs.
- G&A built a custom application that automatically incorporated tips and commissions data into payroll calculations and accurately track time and overtime for employees shared between multiple locations or entities.
- G&A created highly specialized reporting functionalities that allowed the client to drill down payroll reports based on multiple fields (entity, location, GM) as well as document and track the status of industry-required professional certifications (food handlers, alcohol beverage licenses, etc.).
- G&A provided the client with several regional HR representatives available to location managers, as well as an HR Advisor to provide consulting services on a corporate level to ensure the company stays abreast of and compliant with any and all applicable labor and employment laws.
- G&A offered a customized recruiting solution that complemented and supplemented the client’s current processes with incorporating applicant tracking and pre-employment screenings.
- We designed a minimum essential coverage (MEC) plan that was ACA-compliant prior to the Act taking effect, saving the client more than $350,000 in potential penalties.
- We provided ongoing ACA monitoring of employees’ benefit eligibility status and alert the client to any changes in status to ensure the client remains in compliance with health care reform regulations.
G&A Partners exceeded the client’s expectations. Not only was G&A able to provide outstanding service to both the client’s management team and its worksite employees, but it was also able to create innovative solutions specific to their unique needs. By developing custom HR technology solutions that automated and streamlined several of the company’s processes, G&A removed the burden of day-to-day administrative HR functions from managers and gave them more time to focus on growing their business. As a result of G&A’s services, this client is now positioned to confidently direct and expand their business into new markets without worrying about the risks of HR noncompliance.