Think you can master human resources in 140 characters or less? Our #HRTailgate series is perfect for you. We’re proud to kickoff HR Tailgate, a Twitter Chat series formed by G&A Partners to bring engaging conversations with industry leaders to our fans, on October 8 from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. CDT.
Just in time for football season, our first chat will discuss “How to Make Your Employees and Teammates Feel Like Star Players.” Join us for an engaging chat led by G&A Partners’ HR experts and special guest host Chelsea Krost, the woman behind The Chelsea Krost Show and the famed #MillennialTalk Twitter chat.
If you’ve never been involved in a Twitter chat, don’t fret. A Twitter chat is a live conversation focused on a topic — in our case, HR and employee recognition. Anyone can participate by searching and answering questions using the hashtag #HRTailgate. (Forbes shares everything you need to know in this article.)
Together we’ll be diving into everything you need to know about recognition and appreciation in the workplace. Check out the questions below and prepare to contribute and learn new employee recognition tips.
How to participate:
First: Follow your chat leaders:
Then: Prepare to share your HR knowledge and learn from others with the following questions:
1. What is your definition of employee engagement?
2. How can employers measure engagement?
3. How does your company recognize and reward high-performing employees?
4. Have you ever tried any unique ideas to increase employee engagement that just fell flat?
5. What are some ways to reenergize a recognition program that’s starting to feel “stale?”
6. What makes employee appreciation efforts feel more genuine vs. contrived or cheesy?
7. What are some free or affordable ways companies of any size can show their appreciation for employees?
8. What are the shortcomings of a “one-size-fits-all” recognition policy?
9. Why is important that the immediate supervisors be the main driver of employee recognition?
10. What are some ways employers can personalize appreciation and recognition?
Next: End your answers with the hashtag #HRTailgate to participate
Lastly, join the conversation on October 8 from 7 p.m.-8 p.m. CDT and spread the word.
We’ll see you there!