People quit jobs all the time. Some quit because they are moving, going back to school, changing careers, starting a family, taking care of a sick loved one, and for a whole host of other reasons. But the reasons listed below are definitely not ones you hear about every day. Take a peek at 13 of the strangest reasons people gave (really!) for quitting their jobs.
- to join the circus
- to become an apple farmer
- to climb Mount Everest
- to play the trombone more
- because he was making too much money and didn’t feel like he was worth it
- because she didn’t want to work hard
- because work was getting in the way of having fun
- because he just couldn’t get up in the morning
- because the colors of the office walls bugged him
- to take part in a reality show
- for no reason — an employee walked out of the office one day, without a word, and the company was never able to get in touch with him
- to live off of her trust fund than work for a living, and
- just because he liked to switch jobs every six months.
What is the strangest reason you have ever heard someone use to quit their job? Leave your comment below.